Join me @ IBOtoolbox for free.
Kjell Sherman
Member Since: 8/1/2013
performance / stats
Country: United States
Likes Received: 167
Featured Member: 0 times
Associates: 315
Wall Posts: 456
Comments Made: 176
Press Releases: 203
Videos: 0
profile visitor stats
TOTAL: 87539
are we ibo associates?
recent videos
active associates
Whitney Jacqueline       
Last logged on: 5/25/2018

Adam Hughes    
Last logged on: 5/25/2018

Manzel Caudle    
Last logged on: 5/25/2018

Bill Bateman     
Last logged on: 5/25/2018

Last logged on: 5/25/2018

Tony Lee Hamilton      
Last logged on: 5/25/2018

Phil Schaefer    
Last logged on: 5/25/2018

Zakariyya Spain    
Last logged on: 5/25/2018

Jim Redland    
Last logged on: 5/25/2018

Network Pros    
Last logged on: 5/25/2018

Marlena Burton    
Last logged on: 5/25/2018

Terri Pattio     
Last logged on: 5/25/2018

Lonnie E. Shipe, M.A.    
Last logged on: 5/25/2018

Bob & Shirley Rushing    
Last logged on: 5/25/2018

Rob aka Cerberus    
Last logged on: 5/25/2018

other ibo platforms
Kjell Sherman   My Press Releases

5 Transition Tips: From Full-Time Work to E-Commerce Entrepreneur

Published on 7/12/2017
For additional information  Click Here

No one wants to look back on their life and wonder what could've been.

Virtually anyone who's determined enough to take action doesn't.

Still, there are inconvenient details -- like putting bread on the table and keeping a roof overhead -- that give pause to some who'd like to begin their journey to the Dot Com lifestyle and experience the personal freedom and satisfaction that comes with it.

Needless to say, when it comes to making that fateful jump from button-down security to making dreams come true, it's not that easy.

For one, timing is everything.

The first reality check is that creating a successful e-commerce entrepreneurial career is not a get-rich-quick scheme. The timing is almost never right for that to happen.

Your goal, then, is to create a sustainable enterprise that requires less of your time than being an employee does.

In practical terms, that means keeping your current safety net until you've built a better one. It's going to be a process that involves patience and perseverance.

Of course, it all starts with planning.

That's huge, but don't overdo it. Paralysis by analysis isn't going to advance your cause.

With that in mind, here are five useful tips that will help you lay the groundwork for exiting the rat race and gradually finding your own lane:

1. If you're gonna go, get set to go big.

Again, your path to entrepreneurial success will take a few steps to negotiate. So make sure the end game is worth it.

  • Visualize what will make sense for you to get there.
  • Don't incur debt until such time that your new business can service it.
  • Make sure your business is scalable.

2. Schedule like you mean it, because you'd better mean it.

Remember, you're creating a business, not starting a new hobby. That means you're gonna dedicate a specific time slot daily to get the job done.

This is harder than it sounds. It's why 97% of those who try to become e-commerce entrepreneurs fail. The irony is, if you've got the motivation and self-discipline to earn a better life for yourself and loved ones, you stand an excellent chance of being in that hallowed 3%.

Besides, you made a commitment to yourself to do this. Keep it.

3. Don't worry about the competition.

Once you've settled on a niche -- or preferably, a micro-niche -- where you can build yourself into an authority and where you'll enjoy spending your time, remember that cyberspace is populated by billions of users.

There will be room for you and what you offer.

And believe it or not, your competition can be invaluable to your enterprise's growth.

4. You're gonna make mistakes, so learn from them.

As long as you haven't overextended yourself, your business isn't like slalom ski races, where one missed gate ends your day.

Thomas Edison was once asked by a reporter how it felt to fail 1000 times. His response:

I didn't fail 1000 times. The lightbulb was an invention with 1000 steps.

If something goes awry, analyze. Then, be flexible. Like most of us, you'll probably make more than a few revisions before your business plan finally clicks.

5. Constantly remind yourself why you aspire to success.

If your decision to become an e-commerce entrepreneur was made in a rational and practical way, be true to it.

By simply staying the course, you'll have improved your odds of achieving the Dot Com lifestyle because you've shown you have the drive to succeed.

Just remember: be dedicated, not desperate. You'll learn your new craft, and proven tools are there to spread the word.

When it all comes together, you're ready to change safety nets. You'll like the new one much better.

Member Note: To comment on this PR, simply click reply on the owners main post below.
-  Copyright 2016 IBOsocial  -            Part of the IBOtoolbox family of sites.