For additional information Click Here
There are a plethora of misunderstandings on the concept of positive affirmations. The primary reason for these misunderstandings springs from the modern watered down version of the Law of Attraction. The Law of Attraction has been presented as a short cut to reaching your goals. Unfortunately, the majority of people do not get the full picture. Although, affirmations have great benefits in self-help and self-improvement, it is more comprehensive and complex than that.
Misunderstandings include, but are not limited to:
- “I’ll start doing affirmations when I figure out how I can meet my goals.”
-The belief that affirmations are only after you have reached a goal is analogous to putting the cart before the horse. Like a horse pulling a cart affirmations are the horse power that pulls you toward your goals.
- “Affirmations are a form of brainwashing.”
- Indoctrination a.k.a. brainwashing forces people to abandon their beliefs in favor of another set of beliefs. Usually associated with military and political interrogation and religious conversion, brainwashing focuses on, through prolonged stress, to break down an individual's physical and mental defenses.
- “Affirmations are too ‘new-agey’ for me.”
-Matthew 7:7 (New American Standard Bible) “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.
-Luke 11:9 (NASB) “So, I say to you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.
-Mark 11:24 (NSAB) “Therefore I say to you, all things for which you pray and ask, believe that you have received them, and they will be granted you.”
-Philippians 4:8 (King James Version/Public Domain) “Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.”
-Matthew, Luke, and Mark all point to asking what you truly desire, then believing that you received them. The passage from the Philippians speaks about focusing your thoughts on positive subjects. These Bible passages are referring to the concept of positive affirmations.
- “Affirmations are only for highly religious people.
- Affirmations have been used for thousands of years by all walks of life—religious, spiritual or those without religious or spiritual affiliation.
- “Oh, I’ve tried affirmations…they don’t work.
-Not withstanding any of these misunderstandings the biggest mistake the majority of people make, including professionals is the belief that positive affirmations can be layered on top of old beliefs. Layering positive affirmations on top of old beliefs does not work. In fact, this method can create dissolution in the long-term.
The only effective process for positive affirmations to work is to discover one’s blocks, limiting beliefs, fear of success, and fear of failure or confusion about what one truly desires. This introspection needs to be facilitated by a Certified Deep Healing practitioner. While some people practice meditation and other introspective methods to discover these barriers, the majority of people need assistance.
- If, for example, your goal is to use the affirmation "I am cool," you can start by going in a contemplative state, finding all the reasons why you do not consider yourself cool. After identifying the reasons you think you aren’t cool you need to systematically accept them, then, nurture yourself for those issues and reach a state a of being okay with not being cool. If the idea of being cool does not cause any more resistance in you, then you can go to the next step.
- Your affirmations need to be stated in the affirmative, "I am cool because___.” versus " I want to be cool because___.” This might be obvious, but worth mentioning. No point in wanting to be in a ‘wanting’ state. An affirmation means you are in a state of being what you desire. Affirmations affirm who you are and what you desire versus you are ‘wanting’ it. Everything you desire is given to you, all you need to do is Look, Listen and Trust you will connect with it.
- When the 1st and 2nd step are OK, you can move forward. Then your introduction of the affirmation can begin. The best way to do this is in a trance state, so that your subconscious can be reached more easily. You can do them any other time as well, but it might be less effective.
In essence, the process of using affirmations is about discovering any unconscious blocks, limiting beliefs, fears and/or confusion. Then, accept and nurture yourself to release and let go of them; so you don’t resist the affirmation, thus you are living the affirmation, and ONLY THEN start practicing the affirmation.
This moment is the first moment of the rest of your life.
Are you willing to take the steps required to claim your happiness, success, fulfillment, and enlightenment? Will you take advantage of the opportunity to create a new reality for your life?
It's time to SHIFT and get prepared for what's coming up for your life... so I want you to put your heart and soul into paying close attention to how much mental, emotional and physical pain you are in. Then, step by step you can make the SHIFT gently, easily, and without having to deal with the mental and emotional pain and stress of not knowing what to do, not feeling your best, and all the other OLD WAYS that are holding you back. Remember you might need to ask for assistance to clear out the self-doubt, fear, guilt, shame or unworthiness?.
Here’s to living your dream life NOW.
There is no shame in asking for assistance to create happiness and success.
If you have read the books, taken workshops, had psychic readings, taken prescriptions and OTC drugs etc. and still struggle; you might have emotional blocks preventing you from moving into your happiness and desires.
This is an investment in your health, happiness, success, fulfillment, and enlightenment. Following the principles in this process will change your life forever and I want you to experience it yourself as soon as possible. Remember only you can take care of your happiness and emotional, physical and spiritual health.
For your convenience, I offer a 20-minute FREE no-obligation phone conversation to answer your questions and discuss how you can discover and create personal and professional success. http://drdorothy.net And you will receive value in the 20-minute conversation.
Remember you might need to ask for assistance.
About Dr. Dorothy:
Dorothy M. Neddermeyer, Ph.D., Metaphysician - Certified Hypnosis Practitioner, Author, and Speaker. Dr. Dorothy facilitates clearing blocks, fears, and limiting beliefs. You can live the life you desire. She brings awareness to concepts not typically obvious to one's thoughts and feelings. http://www.drdorothy.net